Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Gecko ate your baby...

Not really. A gecko did not in fact eat my baby, or any baby that I know of. One did however cross the line at climbing into my baby's bed and thus died an untimely death under my flip flop. Seriously, you would think that by now that when their aunt gecko and uncle gecko, cousins, brothers, sisters, whatever, didn't come back that they would learn to stay away from the crazy white lady and her whacking shoe. But no, they are not that smart and alas, I have been forced to kill a few over the last couple of days. I'm not proud, but I am insanely happy that I am getting rid of the little suckers, one gecko at a time!

So the back story. Yesterday we hired a new maid and in an effort to start her out on the right foot, I was walking around opening curtains and picking up some things that had been left on the floor. And yes. I am the crazy person who attempts to clean before the maid comes over. Anyway, I take off walking to my room when I see this... Thing, shoot out from under my bed. I scream of course prompting my oldest to yell from the living room asking what was wrong. He's a brave one, that one, lol! It was brown and rather large so my first thought was mouse. Now seriously, if you have ever seen a gecko you know that they look nothing like a mouse, but seeing as how I am terrified of both and mice more so, my brain coverts scary things into mice apparently. Anywho, after my life finished playing out before me (this was a heart attack inducing experience after all, thus near death and the whole life flashing thing), I realized that what I was seeing was not a mouse after all. So, brave one that I am, I stand there looking at it hoping that my mere stare will reduce it to ashes. Since that didn't work, I was left with the whacking shoe.

As I am about to turn on my heel to retrieve my shoe from the hall closet, as my bedroom closet was off limits due to the gecko standing between us, I decide to take one more look at it so that I don't lose him. And that my friends is when that little sucker made the decision that ultimately lead to me taking his little gecko life. He ran towards Baby K's blankets that were on the floor, over her teddy, and into her bed! Of course only the kids were home and since I have passed on my fear to them, they were totally useless. After about 15 minutes of getting my stomach and brain to cooperate with me I grabbed my shoe and took off for my room.

Turns that the little gecko was a runner. When he saw me coming (I swear he was waiting for me) he took off for my bed. Crazy lady that I am, I started screaming and he turned towards the crib again. I was so pissed by this point that I took the crib and slid it across the floor and started running after the gecko screaming and waving my shoe. Eventually the madness ended when I cornered him again the dresser and proceeded to whack the poo out of him. Needless to say but totally saying it anyway, that gecko is no longer with us...

So, with that being said, umm yeah, later that day I almost died again due to another gecko attack. I was putting away my crochet supplies when one came within inches of my face in the closet. It seems as though I may be doomed, or cursed, or something, for these random gecko attacks to keep occurring. Oh, and I should probably mention the third one who tried to kill me when I opened the sliding door in our living room. Those two are currently still at large and have a rather sizeable bounty on their tiny heads. Oh well. Such is life in sunny Thailand!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment