Monday, September 24, 2012

I have a maid???

Yes, I have three question marks instead of three exclamation marks because I really did not think we would ever end up n this position. Now don't get me wrong, I really like our maid, and hiring her wasn't as difficult as I imagined. I though that maybe we would have to contact some employment agency or something, but no, she came with the house. When our landlord took us through the final walk-through this lady was walking around, following us, and cleaning as she went. Finally the landlord explained that she had hired her to clean before we arrived to make sure that we were comfortable and then told us that she spoke a little English and was willing to work for us. So, Khun P hands over her references, we hash out a price for two days a week, and BAM! We have a maid!

I never in a million years thought that I would like having a maid. Now, call me crazy all you want, but the idea that someone was going to come into my house and clean up messes that I didn't even want to clean kind of gave me the willies. Seriously, the hubby runs in the mornings and because of how hot it is here his gym clothes are soaked by the time he gets back. Reaching into the hamper and accidentally grabbing his wet clothes is a little gross to be honest with you. Khun P doesn't seem to mind however. By the time she leaves, all of our clothes (yes even the really messy stuff) is all cleaned and folded and put away. Heck, this woman even folds our underwear into nice little squares. Our towels??? Fluffy and rolled up and displayed on racks like we were staying in a hotel. Our clothes??? Folded as if they were being displayed in a fancy department store.

Now for the bad ( if you could even call it that). The other day she kicked me out of my kitchen and fussed me for cleaning my own bowel. She informed me that my cleaning supplies were not up to snuff. My broom was wrong and my iron didn't have steam. Oh, and the little ironing board was just not cutting it for her. She also laughed at the lame pots that I bought to get us through until our shipment comes in. Thankfully she assisted me in fixing all these terrible (lol) issues by coming shopping with me and helping me get set up.

Really and truly this woman is awesome. I am so glad we were given the opportunity to hire her. She likes my kids, plays with them all, entertains the middle boy so that he doesn't miss the big boy while he is at school, and to top it off , she is really good at her job. It's actually kind of nice having the help, and for $20 a day, I say she is worth every penny if not more. 

So, with all of that being said, I really should get going. I just figured that since I mentioned it previously that I should at least report back on hiring a maid and how it went. Until next time, I hope all is well!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment