Friday, September 14, 2012

No more eye candy, please!

When we were driving around the city with our guides it seemed that it took forever to get anywhere. They stayed on the big roads and never went down the side roads. When we are with our driver however, we seem to get where we need to go and quick. Now, I know that I wrote about hi,s um, speedy driving, but that wasn't the reason. We take the side roads. Yesterday I learned why our guides never took us down those streets. Eye candy! And boy did we get an eye full!

Personally, some of the things we saw down Eye Candy Lane I was hoping that my boys wouldn't see until they got married. Or ever really. At one point the hubby and I made eye contact (shocked eye contact) and I promptly told the big kid to put his eye muffs on. Our driver took this as an indication that liked what we were seeing (communication problem, ya think!) and announced "oh, yeah, eye candy, ha ha!" As we were driving down this street we soon realized that the desire to BE eye candy had no age limit or sex attached to it. At one point we saw this very old woman dressed in what I can only describe as a madam type outfit and I very loudly announced to the hubby that eye candy had no age. He shot me one the funniest and dirtiest looks I have ever seen! I mean seriously, this woman was dressed in an all black flapper type outfit with fringe.

And as for eye candy knowing no sex, well, if you read about the girly men in one of my previous post, you know what I mean. Once we got to our final destination the hubby looks and me and asks "did you see the really tall lady with the (insert crude hand gesture here)?" Really people, this "person" had boobs up to her chin. I kid you not! Super hard to miss. Especially since the only color on her body were strategically placed black triangles and she was standing fairly close to the road. My reply, "yes, dear sweet man of mine. And that was a man!"(Insert shocked looked from hubby here!). I still think he doesn't believe me on that one, but I stand firm on my assumption!

Anywho, once the discomfort had subsided a bit I asked the hubby to have a talk with the driver about avoiding Eye Candy Lane. Since the hubby is very non-confrontational the conversation went something along the lines of "umm, driver? Do you think maybe we could avoid going to that umm area, again? We don't really want the kids exposed that sort of thing". Not really sure if he understood or not because the hubby, like myself, has a tendency to use a lot of words when trying to get his point across, and here, a lot of words are not needed. In any event, we have hopefully put Eye Candy Lane behind us.

On a separate note, the hubby and I have identified a new species of man here in Thailand, The ROWD. As you may remember, OWD stands for "Old White Dude". The ROWD is the REALLY OWD. I kid you not, I swear we saw about a 70 something year old man with probably a 20 something year old Thai woman. The ROWD is a rare species compared to the OWD, but they do exist. And, if you are lucky enough to spot one, you will be rewarded with laughs for quite a while. Just be careful not to make eye contact as they seem a bit skittish compared to the OWD who is quite proud and out.  It's... interesting to say the least!

Well, my kids are wanting to get dressed and head down for breakfast so I guess I had better jet. Until next, I hope all is well!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment