Thursday, October 4, 2012

And another one bites the dust...

You know, I really should learn to not count my chickens before my eggs hatch. Oh,what now, you may be asking yourself.  Well, would you know that after I posted my last post about finally settling the driver situation, he too, decided not to drive for us after all!?! Yep, three down. I have managed to chase off three drivers. Most people go through two... Maybe. Me??? Nope! I'm an overachiever! I'm shooting for number four! Really, it has nothing to do with me, of this I'm sure. I AM super fantastic and fun after all (totally kidding!). But really??? Four??? Total complex going on over here. Since Mr.S initially asked for the job I'm guessing he felt pretty bad about turning it down because before doing so, found a friend of his who does want the job. My response when the hubby told me this was less then lady-like, I assure you. My exact words were, "You can tell Mr.S and his friend that they can both go f-themselves! I'm driving myself". See, total lady-like response. In any event, number four, actually make that number FIVE since we have a different one this weekend, will be starting on Monday. I'm shooting for the stars, people!

In other news, I have to make Halloween costumes. And not just any Halloween costumes. Sponge Bob costumes. And of course since they don't celebrate Halloween here in Thailand, they don't have a store where I can just go pick up a costume. I really do have to make it. And the problem with that? Well, even though I have made the kid's costumes the last two years, I had a pattern to follow. Now I don't. I have to wing it. In addition to that, they don't have a Wal Mart or Joann's where I can just pick up whatever fabric I need. They have silk stores in several places, but that would ensure that my Sponge Bob costumes would look a little Queen-ish, and I am quite certain that Sponge Bob is no Queen. In any event, I can't find a fabric store that ships here so I have requested that they choose something else. We had thrown around the idea of "Jake and the Neverland Pirates"  in the past so that was my suggestion to which the big kid replied "who would middle kid be?". When I told him that middle kid would be Cubby his response was " oh, the little fat one?".  Seems that my idea was a bust! The babe is going to be a ladybug, but again, no pattern, so I'm winging that one too. Stayed tuned for pics once I find fabric. It should prove interesting!

Well, my cake smells like it is burning so I really should get going. I was trying to experiment  with temperature control on my Thai oven and I do believe that I may have been off a little and have failed miserably. Could be because I can't seem to figure out the unit of the temp gage on the oven. Just a guess! I could be wrong. Anywho, I hope all is well!
Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment