Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mr. O, the sequel!

Well, it happened again. I got left at the mall. I'm not really sure what it is about me and that damn mall, but I swear it's like me and the geckos. Being naked means gecko attack, and needing to be somewhere else while shopping at the mall equals being left by the driver.

You know, today actually started out.. Ehh, okay, it started out crappy. I should have known.  The big kid and I started fighting as soon as the hubby walked out the door and then the middle kid and the baby decided to launch their attacks simultaneously. I was a defeated woman before even hitting the golf cart for our morning drive. I was seriously contemplating hiding in a dark closet and drinking for a while, but I digress. Anyway, the day picked up very quickly when on our way back from dropping off the big kid at school, I drove past my neighbor. Even though I had turned down her offer to babysit so that I could go to coffee chat (I actually turned her down for the whole year because i was yet again feeling sorry for myself ), she insisted that I get my fanny back home and  get dressed to go. Since she gave me a hug and told me not to cry (yep, big ol'baby over here today!) I decided to take her advice and get out on my own for a short while (you know, instead of dark closet drinking). I even put on a dress and my foxy red Tom wedges! After she showed up I took off with another sweet gal to the coffee chat while she, my lovely neighbor, stayed with the kiddos.

After staying for about an hour chatting with other adults (and yes, I still remember how to do that. Go me!), I came home, loaded up the kiddos and off we went with driver number three, Mr.C. You see, before actually going out with Mr.C it took a lot of convincing from the hubby. After having gone through two drivers I was starting to develop a complex. He assured me that he, driver number three, was a nice man. He was older and very quite, but he was a good driver and he, the hubby, was sure I was going to like him. Boy he was dead wrong! Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

The drive into the city went well. So far, everything the hubby said about the man was in fact true. Older, quite, good driver. After helping me unload the kids he asked what time I wanted him to be back. Since I had no idea, I told him I would call him when we through but it wouldn't be too long. Once our shopping had concluded I called him, but he didn't answer. At this point I wasn't panicking just yet. So, I took the elevator up to our meeting place and tried calling him again. And still... no answer. By this point about 10 minutes had passed and I was starting to worry. We had to be back in time to get the big from school. Since it takes at a minimum 40 minutes to get there we only had about 20 minutes to find this guy. You see, even though I didn't know how long it would take me to get what I needed done, I did know what time I had to leave the mall in order to have a little cushion at home with the two little ones before leaving to get the big one. My cushion was slowly slipping away and the "danger zone" of not getting there on time to get the big kid was rapidly approaching. After a few frantic phone calls to the hubby, he was able to secure a pool driver to take him home so that he could get the big kid from school.

Even though the big kid was no longer in danger of one of his parents not being there to pick him up, we still had the problem of how I was going to get home with two kids who no longer had car seats because not only was our driver MIA, so was our van! As I am walking around the mall with a screaming baby who wants nothing more then to sleep and a toddler who wants nothing more then run away from me and causing me to use several four letters words that I am thankful Thai speaking people probably don't understand, the hubby finally called me to let me know that his employers were able to track down the missing Mr.C and our van... 1.5 hours later!!! Momma was MAD!!! What makes it worse was the reason why Mr.C was MIA. He had turned his phone off. You know, after I told him THAT I WOULD CALL HIM. Who does that??? We still have no idea how they tracked this man down.

Thankfully the drive home was uneventful and we made it back in one piece. One, frazzled, pissed off, piece! Seriously, I'm starting to have a complex about going to this mall. I still can't believe it happened the first time, let alone TWICE! My neighbor's drivers all seem to be fantastic and I know this because they brag. They help them around the house, they water their flowers, they take them shopping and make sure they get the good deals. They even push their grocery carts. Me personally, I don't need all of that. I just need a reliable driver. Someone who doesn't further my now existent abandonment issues.

The second driver that we had was great. His name is Mr.S. He was a pool driver that worked for Hubby's company and not the contracted company, so unfortunately he wasn't available to drive for us permanently. What's sad is that he actually wanted the job and asked for the job and we wanted him to for that reason alone. After today, the company decided to allow Mr.S to come work with us permanently. The hubby said that on Monday that he was going to have a serious talk with Mr. S to let him know that his one and only responsibility was to make sure that I wasn't left anywhere ever again. He can come in late, just so long as he makes SURE that I, and the kids, are safely at home and not left somewhere, (specifically the mall.)

So, the driver situation is now hopefully settled and with that being taken care, and a little therapy, I should be able to resume a some what normal life (that doesn't include dark closet drinking). So, until next time, I hope all is well.
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment